Monday, June 15, 2009

PARIS........Part I

We couldn't go all the way to Europe and not see Paris. It would just be wrong.
Especially when it's a short 2 hour 'Chunnel' ride away.

So we crammed in all the must-see sights of Paris in less than 2 days.

And it was A M A Z I N G !!!!!

On the Metro. Notice the classic French accordian guy in the background.

We headed straight for the Louvre.
It happened to be free admission day at the Louvre.........so we saved some money, but it was also packed! Hallways & stairwells, as wide as they were, packed full of the French masses & tourists from all over the world. None of these pictures show how crowded it was.
I'm a bit of a germ freak, so I was trying to mentally prepare myself for coming down with the swine flu after this.
No one can prepare you for how immense the Louvre is.
One could probably spend a month in there & not see everything. We hit the must-see's......
...such as the Venus de Milo.

The Mona Lisa, bien sur!
See it there behind Mars?
What you can't see is the mosh pit we had to maneuver through to get this close.


The interiors of the Louvre are works of art in themselves. So freaking cool!
One wing of the Louvre, from the outside.

Parisian Mars at the Arc de Triomph.

Brian doing his gay Parisian walk.
Then we ended the day at the Eiffel Tower. Oh la la!


I looooove these !!!
We hung out til dark, then went up inside. It was freezing on the decks!
I propped up my camera on a railing to get this long-exposure shot.
After going up, we walked back to our hotel, stopping to get some of the best crepes we've ever had at a crepe stand.
C'est magnifique!

7 comments:

Kim Skinner said...

Especially love your last picture of the tower. When I went, we were on a tour and missed the night scene, which I am still totally bummed about. Looks like fuN!

Ben and Amberly said...

Amazing!! Can't wait to see Paris...Part 2!

Lisa Harris said...

Simply beautiful.
You three are adorable!

Michelle said...

What a great trip! I love that you took Marlee with you...she will remember that forever!

We may see you in Cali!! We will be there for the 4th and may head to Coronado on the 3rd. Bryton wants to "check out the scene"..hahaha.

Nichole Barney said...

Amazing photos! I want to hop on a plane and go to Paris! What a fun trip!

McCall said...

Oh I am so jealous!!! I love the picture of Marlee jumping in front of the Eiffle Tower!! What's a trip without jumping pictures!! :)

Rebecca said...

Nik, you are looking H-O-T hot. Love the pics! (yellow tights...can't decide on those :)) How was your Utah trip?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...