Sunday, May 15, 2011

Good morning sunshine!


Yesterday morning we pulled ourselves out of bed at 4:30 & hiked Camelback Mountain.
It was amazing.  The fact that we actually got our booties up there, that is.
It's pretty much the only thing we've done to prepare ourselves for our Grand Canyon hike next weekend.  We need to make sure our will is in order because we're going to die!
Wow.  I can't believe I'm posting this nasty picture.  Who let the dogs out?

It's not a long hike, but you climb 2700 feet.
The temp was perfect.  And the view was awesome.  And I was reminded that the desert is beautiful in its' own special way.

Then we high-tailed it home to get kids off to school.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there~
This is a very random comment, and you don't know who I am; but I just have to say, I LOVE your blog! You are such an GREAT example to me of a wonderful mommy! :)
My hubby is in dental school, and we are adopting our first baby any day now! I was wondering if you ever do "photo sessions" other than your family? I love your style of photography more than any other I've ever seen!
Sorry this is so random, and I'm a total stranger ;)
hope to hear from you soon~
Melissa Kleiner
kleinermelissa@yahoo.com

Honey said...

Love the pics of Camelback Mountain... and the fact that you all got up to go for a hike. I've been wanting to take my brood up there - but since we've never been, do you recommend a trail? Is there a certain location we should look out for?! =)

Shawni said...

I need to let Dave carry my camera up there next time we go up there. (Not that I could get the likes of those pictures caught, but I'd love to try :) Wowzers those pictures are beautiful. It has been SOOOO fun to see you guys so much lately!

Nicole said...

I just found your blog and LOVE it! You take AMAZING pictures!

My parents live in Scottsdale and we attempted Camelback this past Spring. I almost died. We didn't reach the tip top but got close!

Next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...