Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The face of misery


Poor Zaners.

This is not his idea of fun.  But we've all had to do it.

And Brian makes it even funner by telling him he's not getting back into the boat until he gets up.  That's what his dad did to him, so that's what he does to our kids.  I can't say that I'm on board with this method, but I'm not usually there to intervene anyways.  I'm always at home with a baby.


So, after several attempts (with the help of Marlee's friend Weston), and apparently plenty of tears and exclamations of "I'm NEVER, EVER coming to the lake again!!!" (I wasn't there to save him).......


.....he got up!   Sort of.  Good enough.

And a very relieved Zaners was allowed to get back into the boat.  Exhausted, but also proud of his accomplishment.



And before we know it, he'll be up & lovin' it like the others.

Gus will be next.
But for now, he rides on the tube & jumps in & swims around when the boat's stopped, & eats Cheetos & Sprite, & plays with his fave toy of the day, like Orca whale here.

Always the cliff-jumping, which freaks. me. out.


Another long hard day at the lake.


2 comments:

Luke and Hailie Girl said...

we went to canyon last Sat and played with our new toy a surfboard.. it is like a wakeboard but with no boots.. and you dont necessarily have to hold on to the rope once you get up.. the wake keeps you going.. it was cool.. kids had a blast.. I will copy you and post my pics on my blog too :)

Ammie said...

Is this the Salt River? We've floated it a few times when we visit Brian's brother in Chandler. It was a lot of fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...